Tips For Avoiding Accidental Injury or Property Damage
- Check appliance cords and extension cords for frays, broken plugs or damaged wires. They can cause electrical shocks or fires.
- If an electric appliance falls into the water, unplug it before you retrieve it, even if it is in the "off" position.
- Disconnect all appliances by pulling the plug directly from the socket. Do not pull on the appliance cord. You could damage it!
- Don't overload electric outlets.
- Make sure appliance cords do not come in contact with hot surfaces.
- Unplug all electric appliances before you work on them. Even when replacing a light bulb, it's best to unplug the lamp or turn the power off to the light fixture.